A.R.E. Accessories now offers an expanding palette of lighting options to light the interior and exterior of truck caps and tonneau covers.
“We understand lighting can be a necessary tool that allows many commercial operators to do their jobs safely and efficiently,” said Jose Reyna, national fleet and commercial sales manager for A.R.E. “As solutions emerge that solve particular challenges for our customers, we’ll continue to add innovative, new accessory products to our line.”
A.R.E. lighting options include the following (all descriptions by the company):
- Dome lights — LED dome lights are wired directly into the vehicle’s electrical system. Offered with an optional prop switch, LED dome lights turn on and off when the door is opened and closed or can be controlled with a manual on/off switch.
- Rope lighting — High-intensity LED rope lighting offers versatility in lighting the interior of a truck cap or toolbox. Opt for a single 4-ft. LED rope at the center of the cap or use two parallel ropes with one on either side of the inside roof. Or, place them inside above windows, inside toolboxes or to illuminate the entire chamber.
- Rigid Industries LED Lighting — A.R.E. has teamed with Rigid Industries to offer ultra-bright work lights. Rigid Industries’ products offer a lifetime warranty, unparalleled in the industry. For nighttime work, choose 36- or 48-in. bar lighting, which can be positioned on the front of the cap to shine directly on the project at hand or to light up an entire work space.
- Rear door lighting — This new fixture replaces the optional incandescent 12-volt light the industry has used for decades. Much brighter than its predecessor, the LED light is mounted inside the truck cap above the rear door, allowing closer detail work, such as paperwork, without the need to hold a flashlight.
- Exterior lighting — A.R.E. offers LED lighting for up to 10 different locations on the rear quarters of the DCU, distributed based on the functionality required by the customer.