Bridgestone Americas Inc. announced the launch of two new ultra wide base tires, the Greatec M835A Ecopia tire for the drive position and the Greatec R197 Ecopia tire for the trailer position. Designed for use on tandem-axle applications in long haul service, the new Greatec ultra wide base Ecopia tires can deliver up to 20% longer wear life and 6% better rolling resistance than the previous generation offering, according to Bridgestone.
“Our new offerings in the ultra wide base tire category cater to the growing need of long haul fleets to increase freight loads at a higher weight level,” said Eric Higgs, vice president of commercial marketing for Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations. “The new Greatec tires are designed to maximize performance and fuel efficiency available at the same cost as the previous generation. When paired with a Bandag retread, our newest Greatec tires can help reduce the total cost of tire ownership significantly.”
According to Bridgestone, the Greatec M835A Ecopia tire (seen above left) and the Greatec R197 Ecopia tire (above right) are built with advanced technology including:
- High rigidity tread pattern for long tread life, overall even wear and low rolling resistance;
- Optimized shoulder design for even wear balance across the tire footprint;
- NanoPro-Tech compound to limit energy loss for improved rolling resistance;
- Fuel Saver Sidewall to absorb excess energy and help conserve fuel, both when new and retreaded;
- Waved Belt Design to reduce casing growth and maintain a stable footprint;
- Turn-In Ply design to reduce ply-end stress; and
- Stone Rejector Platforms to combat capture and retention of casing-damaging stones
The new line of Greatec ultra wide base tires is compatible with Bandag FuelTech retreads. The Greatec M835A Ecopia tire and the Greatec R197 Ecopia tire are available in size 445/50R22.5.