Gorilla Safety has announced the formation of its company and the launch of its new mobile application and web-based dashboard. Gorilla Safety was launched in January 2016 in the form of a mobile app, a cloud-based solution that fully integrates all the capabilities necessary for safely and efficiently managing short-haul and long-haul vehicle fleets of any size into one platform.
All constituents involved in the fleet management process—fleet managers, office staff, drivers, mechanics and owner operators—can use Gorilla Safety to enhance Department of Transportation SAFER scores, reduce insurance premiums, optimize efficiencies, improve productivity, control costs, increase profits and most importantly, make today’s highways a safer place for all drivers, the company said.
Gorilla Safety’s platform is accessible from iOS and Android smartphones and tablets, and from computers. as well as from a computer via a web-based dashboard. Features highlighted by the company include the following:
- Recording hours of service electronically through eLogs, Electronic Logging Devices (ELD) or Local Radius Platform;
- Managing of accidents through real-time reporting, real-time investigation and recount of accident/data collection at the scene, with ability to upload photos and record [voice] testimony of incident;
- Performing of closed-loop inspections through patented Electronic Daily Vehicle Inspection Report (eDVIR), which integrates mechanic app in real-time;
- Tracking of fuel use and vehicle maintenance;
- Use of GPS to track fleet assets;
- Incorporation of an ELD self-certified compliant device that meets guidelines set forth by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration ELD mandate scheduling;
- Development and storage of critical (paperless) documentation such as receipts, bills of lading, customized policies and procedures manuals, HR-required documents, training tools, etc., enabling app to be used as a proficient HR management tool for training/managing employees; and citing and storing violations (first company to feature this capability);
- Sharing of information among permissible, granted users so everyone is on same platform, has access to same data at the same time and receives customized alerts and notifications to remain complaint and productive;
- Combating the rising costs of insurance claims.
For more information, visit the Gorilla Safety website.