International Truck launched the International HV Series at the North American Commercial Vehicle Show. HV Series is the first severe service truck available with the International A26 12.4L big bore engine and designed to deliver power, improved driver-features, and reliability for a range of vocational applications, the OEM stated.
The HV Series interior was crafted with driver and body company feedback to ensure a comfortable and productive environment. The HV Series also features the intelligence of the Diamond Logic electrical system for the automation of tasks and interlocks to help protect both equipment and crew, International explained.
International pointed to several standout features:
• Heavy-duty, double-sided galvanized steel cab for long-term durability.
• Huck bolt chassis fasteners provide superior clamping force and will not come loose even in extreme environments.
• Also available with a clean Cab-to-Axle (CA) configuration to minimize costly post-production modifications.
• 20,000-lb. off-set bowl front drive axle allows for a lower ride height than a traditional center bowl.
• Super Single 1/2-in. thick fame rail rated up to 3.35M RBM.
• Integral 20- and 27-in. frame extensions (not bolt-on) for superior strength and reliability.
• Available stainless-steel oil pan for reduced corrosion in highly corrosive applications.
• New J1939 electrical system architecture and improved harnessing to maximize uptime.
• A new HVAC system which now includes a high-performance MAX defrost feature.
The HV Series is powered by the International A26, a 12.4L engine. Built from the proven MAN D26 engine crankcase, the A26 produces up to 475 HP and 1,700 lb.-ft. of torque from a design that is 600-700 lbs. lighter than a traditional 15L big bore engine. HV Series is also available with the Cummins B6.7 and Cummins L9 engines.
Every HV Series can be equipped as an option with OnCommand Connection, the company’s remote diagnostics system and over-the-air (OTA) programming. OTA, available through the nine-pin International Link device, enables drivers or fleet managers to utilize a mobile interface to initiate authorized engine programming at the customer’s facility over a safe, secure Wi-Fi Connection.
International’s “DriverFirst” philosophy led to several enhancements that contribute to productivity. The OEM detailed those features:
• Redesigned cab doors with a lower bottom glass edge and removed the vent window giving the driver a single large piece of glass to look through, improving side visibility and reducing blind spots.
• By reshaping the doors and side glass, the position of the optional pedestal mirrors was optimized so drivers turn their heads 15% less on the left side and 5% less on the passenger side, making it easier to keep their eyes on the road while reducing neck strain over the long haul.
• An all-new dash designed for the driver with more space for additional rocker switches.
• An available premium gauge cluster designed with driver input that is customizable with virtual gauges.
• A column-mounted stalk shifter integrated with engine braking to help keep hands on the wheel and eyes on the road.
• Introduced the “wing panel” dash tailored for the vocational truck and driver. The new stalk shifter placement and the lower instrument panel design greatly improve leg room for the driver, especially at the knee. An additional vent has been added to help keep the middle front passenger comfortable.
• The dash contains space for up to 30 customizable switches ensuring functionality of any type of body that is mounted on the back. Switches offer large text and recognizable ISO symbols and are back lit for easy viewing at night and offer seven unique color options for the indicator lights. For complex body applications like ambulance, fire or high-railers, the multi-color lights allow for a higher level of customization and functionality.
• A new fuse panel is easier to service with no exposed wires. The panel has a new spill proof design allowing liquids to flow into a gutter around the panel and drain to the outside of the vehicle without damaging any electronics.
• Has an inside wheel cut of up to 50 degrees.
The HV Series is available in a variety of specifications: Regular Cab, Extended Cab and Crew Cab. The company is taking orders and market availability is March 2018.