Michelin Americas Truck Tires has introduced the Michelin X Multi D, a regional drive-position tire, for use in less-than-truckload, pick-up and delivery, food and beverage and other vocational segments.
Michelin says it is bringing this tire to market to serve the demanding needs of regional fleets, specifically those with 4×2 and 6×2 configurations. The tire is available in the United States, Canada and Mexico in 11R22.5 size in load ranges G and H, and 11R24.5 size in load range H, with additional sizes to follow in the coming months.
“This next-generation regional drive tire offers first-class performance and is designed to excel in high torque applications and delivers all the key performance benefits needed in a regional tire—traction, high removal mileage and scrub resistance—with no trade-offs,” said Adam Murphy, vice president of marketing for Michelin Americas Truck Tires. “With an aggressive open-shoulder design that contributes to outstanding water evacuation for an optimized contact patch in all-weather conditions, the new Michelin X Multi D delivers the maximum tread life, traction and casing durability fleets demand.”
Features of the X Multi D, highlighted by Michelin, include:
- Designed with an advanced regenerating tread that provides water evacuation and traction throughout the life of the tire;
- Full-depth Matrix siping allows for a biting grip as the tread wears;
- Features co-extruded scrub-resistant rubber for first-class mileage and cooler running rubber to help minimize heat build-up for increased casing life;
- Features a pass-through open shoulder that allows quick evacuation of water, mud and slush from beneath the tread surface area, and the biting edges of the tread allows the tire to grip onto surfaces right away, even in difficult snowy conditions; and
- Includes TW6 OzoneShield technology for increased protection against weathering.
The X Multi D performance is backed by a confidence guarantee. If the tire does not meet expectations for mileage, traction and driver satisfaction, then Michelin will reimburse any cost difference for a competitive drive tire.