Pirelli has launched the Pentathlon D line of tires for long-haul drive applications in North America. After a pilot phase of extensive testing, research and development, the Pentathlon D line of tires boast high mileage, fuel savings and low emission benefits as a SmartWay-verified tire with EcoImpact features, the company said.
Pirelli highlights five aspects that distinguish the new tire:
- High mileage – a dual layer tread compound is incorporated into the design for long lasting performance
- Energy efficiency – achieved via a specialized undertread compound to provide lower rolling resistance, and therefore lower fuel consumption and CO2 emissions
- Even wear – an optimized pattern geometry and 3SB belt evolution ensures durable, even wear
- High traction – a directional tread pattern for excellent grip on wet and dry
- High retreadability – Pirelli’s patented Spiral Advanced Technology for Truck (SATT) technology, combined with Hexa Bead Wire delivers the ultimate retreadability
“Pentathlon D provided excellent results in testing against the industry’s most important performance benchmarks of mileage and traction in all conditions. This is a true embodiment of everything the Pirelli brand stands for – high performance, premium quality, innovative technology and industry leadership,” said Clif Armstrong, president of TP Commercial Solutions LLC, parent company of Pirelli.