TMW Systems announced a new feature for its TMW FinalMile DRTrack solution. The new Points of Interest (POI) feature enables users to identify and save physical locations not associated with an address on a map as POIs in DRTrack, a fleet tracking and reporting tool that works with DirectRoute.
The new feature is designed to be a time-saver for people who need to manually geocode orders, TMW said, adding the ability to add locations when addresses are not available yet or when directions are given rather than a specific address.
“The Points of Interest feature will be especially beneficial for the construction transportation sector, because their drivers are frequently making deliveries to addresses that don’t exist yet,” said Brian Larwig, vice president and general manager of TMW FinalMile. “The application enables dispatchers to drop a pin on a map, and that location will be saved as a point of interest for future routing and deliveries to that new location.”
New capabilities of the Points of Interest feature highlighted by TMW include:
- Update the coordinates for multiple unloaded orders at the same time;
- Drag and drop a pin on a map to save a new location;
- Use longitude and latitude to fine-tune a location;
- Assign POIs to unloaded orders from anywhere in DRTrack;
- Give a unique name to each POI and save it in a library for reuse and refinement.
“Points of Interest can be accessed from several pages within DRTrack,” Larwig said. “It was designed with ease of use in mind, and I think it will definitely make the job easier for dispatchers and drivers.”