XL Hybrids Inc. has announced the introduction of its XL Link cloud-based big data analytics system, which measures key performance indicators, including MPG performance and reports carbon dioxide emissions reductions in clients’ hybrid-electric fleet vehicles. XL Link does not impact fleets’ use of existing telematics devices or services, or fuel cards.
“Our clients have appreciated the XL Link reports, enjoying the mobility and easy access to key metrics that are important to their fleets’ specific needs and sustainability goals,” said Clay Siegert, co-founder and chief operating officer at XL Hybrids. “At the request of several customers, we are expanding deployment with a beta version of the XL Link mobile app, which provides fleet managers with direct access to near-real-time updates on the performance of XL Hybrids vehicles in the field. This app is in field testing with fleet customers across North America and XL Hybrids is increasing fleet participation.”
As part of XL Hybrids’ Internet of Things and connected vehicle strategy, the XL Link wireless data connectivity system is installed in all customer fleet vehicles. Today, there is no extra fee for this vehicle monitoring service because it is included with all XL3 systems.
Data provided by XL Link, according to the company, includes:
- Continuous data link from any Ford, GM or Isuzu commercial vehicle with which XL3 is compatible;
- Analytics summary of millions of vehicle operational data points per vehicle;
- Provides actionable intelligence for fleets with regards to MPG, speed, idling, vehicle duty cycle and more;
- MPG performance and CO2 emissions reduction summaries;
- Fulfillment of reporting requirements for voucher and incentive programs.