Zonar has introduced Connect, a rugged ELD-ready tablet for fleets which, according to Zonar, delivers management tools for commercial vehicle operations including compliance, safety and efficiency monitoring.
According to Zonar, Connect is always connected whether it is docked or undocked representing a significant milestone in smart fleet management. For example, a driver can submit a completed EVIR inspection back to dispatch without returning to the cab of the truck. The tablet-based platform further connects vehicles, driver/operators and fleet managers with information such as vehicle health, efficiency, driver hours of service, performance, data capture, compliance, safety and asset utilization.
With Connect, drivers and operators can streamline daily tasks, such as pre- and post-trip inspections; hours of service logging with Roadside View for compliance inspections; communicating with fleet management; documenting deliveries; navigating routes and—in the case of passenger services—verifying ridership. The tablet also equips drivers and operators with tools that ensure adherence to a broad range of safety and compliance regulations.
“Just as smartphones have become an integral part of our daily lives, you soon won’t be able to run your fleet operations efficiently without a smart fleet technology like Connect,” said Brett Brinton, co-founder and chief executive officer of Zonar. “Connect will help operators manage their fleets more effectively as technology changes with hardware that supports over-the-air updates to give them greater flexibility and scalability to grow.”
Key features described by Zonar include:
- Powered by a Quad-Core processor, 2GB of built-in memory and 32GB of storage for enhanced speed and responsiveness;
- Scalable Android platform supports options for third-party and custom Zonar apps to increase driver productivity and fleet compliance;
- Compliant with Automatic On-Board Recording Device (AOBRD) and Hours of Service regulations;
- Ready for the Electronic Logging Device (ELD) mandate with capability for over-the-air software update service;
- LTE, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity keeps drivers connected to fleet managers, dispatch and operations;
- Constructed with a ruggedized hardware design and a Corning Gorilla Glass screen to endure harsh conditions;
- Seamlessly integrates with Zonar’s Ground Traffic Control web portal and third-party programs including maintenance, payroll, navigation, workforce management software and more.