Alcoa Wheels has launched its new steer wheel cover and the drive wheel cover plus wheel. The new products add aerodynamic advantages to Alcoa wheels, provide fuel savings by way of reducing air drag, are durable, easy to install and allow for seamless wheel inspections, according to Alcoa.
Aerodynamic steer cover
This patent-pending design is engineered specifically to push air away from the tire/wheel and vehicle, limiting aerodynamic drag, the company noted. Backed by testing, including Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD), wind tunnel and test track analysis, the new cover enhances performance as compared to a full-wheel cover or no cover at all. The adoption of the aerodynamic steer cover is easy to implement for a quick return on investment.
- Verified fuel savings; saves up to 0.35 gallons of fuel per 1,000 miles;
- Estimated $120 annual fuel savings per truck based on 100,000 miles per year;
- Two-year warranty;
- Compatible with all 10 x 285.75 mm bolt circle wheels;
- Durable retention system; and
- Available in Matte Black and Chrome finishes.
Aerodynamic Drive Cover + Wheel
This cover is designed for the 22.5” x 8.25” and 22.5” x 14”wheels, part numbers ULA 18x, 84U61x and 84U64x. The cover’s design powers fuel efficiency while weighing less than comparable solutions according to the company. The cover provides a measurement-free installation process. It is also affixed to a ring, which is secured in the flange groove of the wheel (patent-pending flange design), leaving the hub unburdened by heavy brackets and ensuring appropriate mounting consistency and for maximum results. Additionally, the cover features a 9-in. inspection opening, which allows for a clear view of all wheel-end components, eliminating the need for wheel cover removal during pre-trip, post-trip, road-side inspections and tire inflation.
Additional benefits according to Alcoa include:
- Saves up to 0.96 gallons of fuel per 1,000 miles;
- Estimated $350 annual fuel savings per truck based on 100,000 miles per year;
- Proprietary flange mounted design ensures consistent offset position, which secures expected aerodynamic benefits consistently; compared to existing offerings on the market that are not conducive to providing consistent results;
- No challenging brackets attached to the wheel-end resulting in measurement-free installation; and
- Available in Alcoa Wheels advanced finishes High Polish and Matte Black.