ALK Technologies said the new version of its CoPilot Truck GPS navigation app for professional drivers brings the latest truck-specific, turn-by-turn guidance and routing technology to iPhones, iPads, Android-powered devices, laptops and Windows Mobile rugged devices.
"Our new version of CoPilot Truck with RouteSync combines cutting-edge navigation features like drag and drop route adjustment with the industry standard PC Miler routing that professional drivers are billed on," said Michael Kornhauser, senior vice president of enterprise solutions for ALK Technologies. "It’s a uniquely powerful mobile navigation solution that offers the crucial link between the planned route in the back office and the navigated route in the cab."
A fully on-board navigation solution, CoPilot Truck stores detailed maps of North America on-board the smartphone or tablet, so drivers can navigate stress-free without burning through their mobile data plan or becoming stranded without maps if they lose cell coverage. Using customizable vehicle dimensions for height, length, weight/axle weight, drivers can calculate the optimal truck route that is both safe and legal, to avoid costly fines and vehicle damage. The company added that the app features a redesigned, driver-friendly user interface and offers:
• RouteSync functionality for in-vehicle consistency with industry standard PC Miler routing and mileage used for dispatch, billing, driver payroll, fuel tax reporting, rating, costing and other core management applications
• Alternate Routes: provides a choice of up to three alternate routes to a destination
• Ability to drag the route to fully customize the exact route a driver wants to take
• Updated PC Miler routing and truck-specific attributes
• The latest street-level ALK maps of North America stored on-board the device for offline use
• Major Roads Preview: A list of only the highways and interstates of the planned route for quick verification
• Ability to launch CoPilot Truck from within other iOS or Android apps on your device and provide navigation to a destination
The new version of CoPilot Truck is available to purchase for $149.99 through the iTunes App Store, Google Play and at www.copilotlive.com/truck. Subscriptions for 12 months are available for the Active Traffic service for $9.99 and Live Fuel Prices service for $4.99. CoPilot Truck v8 customers will be able to upgrade to the new version via a free update, the company added.