Bridgestone Americas, Inc. has expanded its Firestone Transforce tire line to include new size offerings for Class 4 and 5 commercial truck vehicles.
The Firestone Transforce AT2 is an all-position, radial tire designed for all-terrain performance, featuring a tread design to promote traction in wet and winter conditions. With a tread-to-road contact footprint, the Firestone Transforce AT2 tire is engineered to prevent heat damage and deliver lasting durability throughout its life, Bridgestone says.
Key features of the Firestone Transforce AT2 tire, according to the company, include:
- Three-Peak Mountain Snowflake (3PMSF) certification for winter traction performance;
- A tread design featuring multiple tread edges to promote traction in wet conditions;
- A series of sidewall protector ribs that fight curbing damage to help promote casing durability;
- A high-scrub tread compound that enhances scrubbing resistance and promotes increased tread life; and
- A wider belt that helps to extend the tire’s shoulder area and diminish irregular wear.
The new Firestone Transforce AT2 tire size 225/70R19.5 LRF for medium-duty commercial vehicles is currently available in the U.S. and Canada with sizes 225/70R19.5 LRG and 245/70R19.5 LRG available by Oct. 1.