Bridgestone Americas is expanding its fuel-efficient Ecopia commercial truck tire line with the introduction of the all-new Bridgestone R213 Ecopia tire. The new tire is engineered to reduce operating costs by delivering ultra-high fuel efficiency, the highest ever offered on a Bridgestone long-haul steer tire, in combination with significant improvements in wear performance, the tire maker stated.
The Bridgestone R213 Ecopia features directional edge sipes to resist scrub and offer up to 15% longer mileage and outperforms the previous-generation Bridgestone R284 Ecopia tire, according to Bridgestone. Additionally, a redesigned tread pattern paired with an innovative compound reduces tire weight, improving rolling resistance and fuel efficiency by 6%4.
Bridgestone also noted key engineering improvements in the Bridgestone R213 Ecopia tire include:
- A four-rib tire design with patented NanoPro-Tech polymer to limit energy loss and enhance stiffness for optimum fuel efficiency.
- An Intellishape sidewall design containing less bead filler volume to reduce tire weight without compromising durability.
- Center rib sipes to evacuate water and improve traction on wet surfaces more effectively.
- Directional stress relief sipes to absorb shoulder edge forces in the footprint for even longer wear.
- A redesigned defense side groove to better resist irregular wear, helping improve fuel efficiency and durability over the long haul.
The Bridgestone R213 Ecopia tire, which is EPA SmartWay verified, will be offered in eight variations – with four sizes and two load ranges per size – at Bridgestone authorized dealers in the U.S. and Canada.
Customers looking to multiply the fuel efficiency benefits of Bridgestone Ecopia tires can utilize Bandag retreads. Designed to complement Bridgestone Ecopia tire casings, Bandag FuelTech retreads extend the service life of a tire and provide a reliable and sustainable business solution that can drive down fuel costs and maximize the useful life of Ecopia tire casings.