Components: Trucker Path now offers Geotab ELD and telematics solutions
Bridgestone says the M713 Ecopia tire offers fleets enhanced performance through an 8% improvement in rolling resistance and a 15% longer tread life.
Bridgestone Americas, Inc. has released the Bridgestone M713 Ecopia tire, a SmartWay-verified and California Air Resources Board (CARB)-compliant drive tire for tandem-axle applications in long-haul and regional service.
Bridgestone says that the M713 Ecopia tire offers fleets enhanced performance through an 8% improvement in rolling resistance and a 15% longer tread life. The tire casing is specifically designed to pair with a Bandag FuelTech retread to help extend tire life and further lower the total cost of tire ownership, the company added.
The M713 Ecopia features several design advancements for improved fuel efficiency, including an IntelliShape sidewall that reduces overall tire weight to minimize rolling resistance, the company says. The tire also leverages the company’s Fuel Saver Sidewall compound and NanoPro-Tech polymer technology to reduce energy loss, helping to enhance fuel economy, Bridgestone adds.
Bridgestone says other features of the M713 Ecopia tire include:
- 3D siping to provide 130% more biting edges, which help increase traction across many road and weather conditions;
- An optimized belt package for casing durability and reduced tire weight;
- A high-rigidity tread pattern to control movement of the tire’s tread blocks for less wear and lower rolling resistance;
- A continuous shoulder design to uniformly distribute weight and torque to prevent irregular wear; and
- Three-peak mountain snowflake (3PMSF) certification for winter traction performance.
The new Bridgestone M713 Ecopia tire is now available in size 295/75R22 and 11R22.5 in the U.S. and Canada, with sizes 295.75R24.5 and 11R24.5 available by March 1.