CalAmp has announced the availability of the MDT-7PTM Android-based tablet designed to integrate with CalAmp’s family of aftermarket telematics devices. It features wired, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity, a 7-in. touchscreen display, and is built to deliver and support value-added applications for industries such as long-haul trucking, fleet management, asset delivery and mobile workforce management, the company said.
“The MDT-7P is designed at its core to support the development and deployment of telematics applications for the mobile workforce,” said Justin Schmid, senior vice president and general manager of the telematics systems business at CalAmp. “Seamlessly integrated with CalAmp’s leading telematics devices, the MDT-7P provides a powerful platform to support, monitor and maintain applications such as those designed to support compliance mandates for hours of service, rests, vehicle inspections and other state and federal regulations.”
Features of the MDT-7P, according to the company, include the following:
- Easy-to-use Android Lollipop OS for application development;
- Support for CalAmp’s Appstore providing a secure environment to manage and distribute applications content and services;
- High quality built-in front and rear facing cameras to support streaming video applications;
- Integrated GPS receiver for high precision mapping, navigation, dispatch and routing;
- Secure 802.11 b/g/n protocols for persistent Wi-Fi connectivity;
- Dual-mode Bluetooth 4.0 including BLE support.