Carrier Transicold’s new X4 7700 trailer refrigeration unit is now available through the company’s North America dealer network, the company noted in a press release. “The X4 7700 unit offers a 96% reduction in particulate emissions and double-digit gains in fuel efficiency compared to standard X4 models,” said Bill Maddox, senior manager of product management, truck trailer americas, Carrier Transicold.
The new unit employs an advanced version of the smart engine used throughout Carrier Transicold’s existing trailer platforms. Benefits of the new unit, according to Carrier, include:
- Enhanced compliance–Under current regulations, the X4 7700 provides lifetime compliance with the California Air Resources Board’s(CARB)stricter rules for trailer refrigeration systems.
- Significantly better fuel economy–The advanced engine features common-rail fuel injection for optimized fuel delivery that reduces fuel consumption by 5% to 10%. The new third speed, called “eco speed,” automatically decreases engine RPMs during intervals where conditions permit, significantly improving operating efficiency compared to normal low-speed operation for even more fuel savings. Combined, these performance enhancements demonstrated 20% to 25% average fuel savings, relative to standard X4 units, for premium performance X4 7700 units tested by over-the-road fleets under a variety of operating conditions during the summer of 2022.
- Greater sustainability–The unit uses R-452A refrigerant with a global warming potential 45% lower than that of the traditional transport refrigeration unit refrigerant, R-404A. The efficient common rail fuel system and a diesel oxidation catalyst push particulate, hydrocarbon and NOx emissions to new lows.
- Lighter weight – The unit weighs in at 1,690 lbs.
- Highest capacity – As with its predecessor in the X4 Series, the X4 7700 achieves of 68,000 BTU/h at a setpoint of 35 degrees Fahrenheit under certification conditions of the Air-Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Institute.
All X4 7700 units are equipped with Carrier Transicold’s Lynx Fleet telematics solution for remote monitoring of temperatures, location, movement and system operating performance. To help maintain the charge of the battery supporting the unit and its telematics system, Carrier Transicold now also offers its TRU-Mount solar panel as a factory-installed option.