CarriersEdge has introduced a course to help drivers avoid injuries while performing tasks directly or indirectly related to operating a tanker.
The “Tanker Injury Prevention” course focuses on risks associated with getting in and out of the cab, climbing on and off the tanker, securing the cargo, and handling hoses while loading and unloading cargo.
The interactive module outlines the different aspects of the driver’s tanker-related duties, including specific examples and detailed steps.
After completing the “Tanker Injury Prevention” course, drivers will be able to:
- List the main causes of injuries when working around a tanker
- List the personal protective equipment (PPE) needed when operating a tanker
- Explain how to use three points of contact around the vehicle
- Describe how to avoid injuries when working with hoses
- Describe common fall protection methods
“Tanker Injury Prevention” is available to customers now at no extra charge, as part of the CarriersEdge subscription service.