Heavy-duty: HDA Truck Pride announces leadership expansion
Chevrolet has introduced 2019 Silverado 4500HD, 5500HD and 6600HD trucks, the first Silverado Class 4, 5 and 6 chassis cab trucks Chevrolet has offered.
The Silverado will be available in 2WD and 4WD and will be powered by a 6.6-liter Duramax diesel engine with 350 horsepower and 700 lb.-ft. of torque and Allison transmissions with a Power Take Off (PTO) option.
“When you consider all of the flexibility, capability and durability we have engineered into the Silverado, along with the proven power of Allison transmissions and the Duramax diesel engine, we have a medium-duty truck line that will appeal to both Chevrolet loyalists and competitive owners alike,” said John Schwegman, director of commercial product and medium-duty at GM Fleet.
In terms of connectivity, the Silverado options include OnStar and Commercial Link, a built-in 4GLTE Wi-Fi hotspot (paid data plan required), wireless cellphone charging, Bluetooth and support for Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
Additional features highlighted by the company include:
- A factory-painted frame with one-piece frame rails, smooth, unobstructed top sections, and through-the-frame fuel fill lines.
- Seven Cab-to-Axle (CA) options ranging from 60 to 162 in., along with five unique axle-to-back-of-frame (AF) lengths sized in 8-in. increments.
- A lightweight, front-hinged clamshell hood that, combined with a 50-degree wheel cut, allows walk-up access to under-hood components.
- A precisely crafted and contoured hood optimizes the driver’s perspective of the road.
- An available, factory-installed rear air suspension; triple-sealed, inset doors to help reduce wind and road noise; huck bolts used throughout the frame for superior clamping force.
- The DEF tank is located on the passenger side of the truck; the opposite side of the fuel fill.
Production of the new Silverado begins in late 2018. Order guides will be available this spring and pricing will be announced this summer.