ClearPathGPS has introduced a fully-integrated fleet dashcam solution from Owlcam, which adds video telematics to its fleet tracking solution.
According to the American Trucking Associations, passenger vehicles are at fault in 85% of truck-passenger accidents and without exonerating video evidence, commercial drivers are more likely to be blamed. By adding dashcam hardware like Owlcam and a media management interface to its GPS tracking platform, ClearPathGPS says it has made it possible for fleets to capture the video evidence they need to protect their business.
Key features, as highlighted by ClearPath, include:
- ClearPath’s dashcam solution from Owlcam detects impact or broken glass events when the vehicle is off.
- There’s no way to tamper with the footage, because there is no SD card.
- The device stores up to 100 hours of drive-time video storage.
- Video captured is linked to GPS tracking data and provides two forms of proof in the event of a claim.
- The media manager can request 20-second video clips from within the portal and then store the clip for 30 days or downloaded locally for sharing or storing.
- Event snapshots can be sent by the driver to the portal by saying, “OK, Presto” and can be remotely viewed immediately by the fleet manager.
- 4G LTE connectivity allows for uploading clips to the cloud-powered network and remote viewing even when the vehicle is off.