Cyber attacks have increased dramatically over the past year. In fact, 2020 set a record for the number of cyber attacks, and the headlines keep coming. Whether it’s last year’s SolarWinds attack or more recently the Colonial Pipeline ransomware attack–the threat is real. For many businesses, including fleets and truck service locations, it’s not so much a matter of if, but when, and what systems do you have in place to fight it.
First and foremost, the partners you work with will help strengthen your cyber defenses. With any solutions provider, you want to ask them these question:
- Is the data secured from end-to-end?
- What technologies are used to secure the data?
- Do you use a cloud provider such as Amazon Web Services or Microsoft Azure?
- Is your data center on premises? Do you own it or does another company host it?
- Who has access to the data?
- How soon will a potential security breach be reported?
- How will a security breach be handled?
For more fleet-specific cybersecurity insight, watch the video above.