Donaldson Company Inc. introduced Filter Minder connected technology for monitoring truck engine air filters, using the vehicles’ own telematics system, at the TMC Annual Meeting. Filter Minder wireless sensors and receivers send filter performance data to the cloud, and predictive analytics inform the fleet manager when individual trucks are approaching optimal filter life.
Filter Minder connected technology can produce a return on investment by prompting filter changes based on filter condition, rather than on scheduled maintenance intervals, Donaldson stated. The system also helps ensure that the right filters are in inventory when maintenance is due.
“Filter service performed too early is inefficient and service performed too late can damage equipment, cause unplanned downtime and raise operating costs,” said Nate Zambon, Director of the Donaldson Filter Minder product line. “Maintaining the filtration system at the optimal time best protects the engine and drives down total cost of ownership.”
Because it integrates with existing fleet management technology, the Filter Minder monitoring system is simple to install and use, the company said. Zambon went on to detail its Filter Minder technology, which provides:
• Wireless, installation in just minutes per truck;
• No upfront hardware costs and low monthly subscriptions;
• Patented low-energy sensors that conserve power and extend battery life;
• Filtration insights for an entire fleet of trucks consolidated into a dashboard view;
• Customized alerts by text, phone, email or dashboard; and
• A scalable platform that can expand to monitor fuel, lube and hydraulics filters—additional applications coming soon.