DPL Telematics has released the AssetCommand Base Tracking System for wireless monitoring and remote tracking of trucks and other vehicles.
According to the company, the device tracks runtime, speed, trips, driver ID, idling, geofences, curfews, driver behavior and service schedules while empowering managers to remotely disable their assets.
The device reports usage metrics such as runtime, odometer, idle time, movement, ignition status and battery health. It also monitors speed, harsh braking, rapid acceleration, cornering and idling to improve safety and prevent unnecessary wear on vehicles.
Additional highlighted features shared by the company include:
- Real-time location updates with historical route log.
- Accident and rollover detection.
- Driver safety and behavior monitoring.
- Driver ID logging.
- Maintenance scheduling.
- Internal backup battery and antenna.
- Remote starter disable/enable.
- Little to no sky view required.
- Wireless, two-way communication.
- A month-to-month agreement rather than a long-term contract.
- A starter disable function which allows owners to immobilize the vehicle on demand.
- Comes with both internal antenna and backup battery.