Technology: Rand McNally expands its breakthrough vehicle telematics platform into new markets
Eaton announced that it has enhanced the ServiceRanger 4 diagnostic and service tool to provide commercial service providers with a suite of solutions, which the company says will allow them to more quickly diagnose and repair problems on Eaton’s automated transmissions.
In addition to the product enhancements, Eaton is simplifying the ServiceRanger 4 product offering to two license options; Basic (read only) and Professional (full service). Based on customer feedback, Eaton has also created a new multi-year licensing option—available for one or three years of uninterrupted service—in both the Basic and Professional programs. Additionally, Eaton has adjusted its pricing to allow for a more rapid adoption in the heavy-duty service provider network.
“With the acceptance of automated transmission products continuing to grow, we want to make ServiceRanger 4 more accessible to speed up repair times and reduce truck down time,” said Bill Gross, program manager of service solutions for Eaton. “The new ServiceRanger 4 is a powerful tool to help professional technicians diagnose and fix complex problems affecting automated and electronic systems.”
“Our goal with the changes we are making to the ServiceRanger 4 software is to ensure customers running Eaton products can have a rapid diagnosis and improved service experience anywhere in the North American market, and we believe the changes being introduced today will make that goal a reality,” said Tim Bauer, vice president of aftermarket for North America with Eaton.
Features and benefits of ServiceRanger 4, according to Eaton, include:
- Viewing active and inactive fault codes to quickly identify issues and link directly to troubleshooting procedures;
- Creating and reviewing service activity reports automatically to improve communication between the technician and customers;
- Running specialized tests to quickly identify hard-to-determine issues;
- Viewing and editing configuration parameters to keep vehicles optimized for changing needs and preferences;
- Updating product software to improve performance and enable new features;
- Viewing all service information on Eaton products to quickly remove and install components;
- Automatic updates that provide information on the latest Eaton products, service information and software updates.