Eaton has launched its new Charging Network Manager software platform to optimize EV charging network operations from a single, intuitive dashboard. Within the online operator portal, site hosts can view and manage location and station information, driver access, payment processing, load distribution, reporting capabilities and more.
Eaton says it worked closely with EV charging software provider ChargeLab to customize its Charging Network Manager and conducted “deep integration” with its EVCI portfolio. Eaton’s full line of Green Motion EV chargers are configured to seamlessly connect to Charging Network Manager upon installation, the company says. Eaton says Charging Network Manager enables the connection and management of virtually any EV charging station whose communication conforms to the Open Charge Point Protocol.
In addition to the collaboration, Eaton says it recently made a strategic investment in ChargeLab, which the company says aligns with its long-term energy transition growth strategy.
Key features of Eaton Charging Network Manager, according to the company, are:
- Add, modify and group charging stations by location for superior organization
- Manage access controls per driver group, station group or individual charge station level
- Process payments and implement pricing policies that configure flat-rate, time-based and energy-based charging to offset costs
- Access customized reports, including charge session interval reporting to help meet utility charge station subsidy programs
- Leverage demand response capabilities
- Manage loads across multiple stations to optimize charging infrastructure
- Grant driver access via mobile phone browser or RFID card assignments