Bridgestone Americas has introduced the Firestone FD694 drive tire designed for long-haul and regional truck applications. The tire’s tread pattern and casing work together to provide longevity alongside performance in wet and winter conditions, the tire manufacturer noted in a press release.
The FD694 drive tire offers the following key features and benefits, according to Bridgestone:
- A deep and high rigidity tread pattern with a solid shoulder design that offers long, even wear across a wide range of applications.
- A wear-resistant tread compound designed to deliver exceptional mileage.
- A cap/base compound engineered to enhance retreadability by protecting the casing from heat while promoting excellent mileage.
- Wide shoulder and center grooves to help provide solid grip on wet roads.
- A dependable casing optimized to fight irregular wear and featuring stone rejector platforms to help protect against hazards penetrating the belt layer.
When paired with Bandag retreads, the Firestone FD694 tire helps to reduce operating cost and environmental impacts, maximizing fleet uptime and sustainability, the company says. The FD694 can also be supported by solutions like the Bridgestone Fleet Care tire-monitoring service, IntelliTire, which provides real-time data on tire pressure monitoring, temperature and speed.