We know it’s not easy to keep up with everything that happens in the world of trucking. So here are the biggest stories from July focused on the latest truck trends, all in one place.
5. Over-the-air engine updates: It’s time to start the conversation
Over-the-air (OTA) engine reprogramming is sending data to your trucks via cellular networks to improve their efficiency and productivity. And this functionality is only the beginning.
4. Where are we with FA-4 engine oil?
How are FA-4 oils doing in real-world applications? What kind of durability have they shown? Will FA-4 be available in more engines anytime soon?
3. Electric vehicles are being readied for vocational operations
A tipping point is rapidly approaching in the drive to develop electric commercial vehicles. For those units, reduced fuel use and maintenance costs will yield rough parity with traditional designs, even allowing for higher upfront costs.
2. Geotab CEO Neil Cawse on its latest acquisition and the Big Data strategy going forward
Fleet Equipment caught up with Neil Cawse, Geotab’s chief executive officer, for an update on the acquisition, a look at the shifting landscape of the truck telematics segment and Geotab’s strategy going forward.
1. Executive interview: Peterbilt’s Jason Skoog aims to deliver performance on every platform
In July’s cover story, Fleet Equipment Editor Jason Morgan talks with Jason Skoog about delivering on equipment expectations, the development of electric trucks and automated driver assistance systems and winning the battle to better dealer service operations.