We know it’s not easy to keep up with everything that happens in the world of trucking. So here are the biggest stories from May focused on the latest truck trends, all in one place.
5. The right engine oil can impact your DPF maintenance costs
While diesel particulate filters, and aftertreatment systems as a whole, have improved over the years, it’s still worth doing what you can to minimize the need for unnecessary maintenance, and that includes optimizing your engine oil.
4. It’s important to retread your truck’s tires to the right position
Let’s say you retread a pair of new, premium steer tire casings. Where on your truck do they go next? The most common answer is probably the drive position. But what if you equipped them back onto the steer position?
3. Data can influence your best drivers to stick around
Here’s something to consider: Every bit of data you have on your fleet can be relevant to driver retention and recruitment.
2. Electrification will change truck service
Whenever electric vehicles do become more commonplace, fleets and technicians will need to be ready for the differences between those and diesel trucks.
1. Cover Story: Daimler Trucks’s Stefan Kurschner builds upon its supply chain foundation with ExceleratorParts.com
As documented in FE’s latest cover story, Daimler Trucks North America’s (DTNA) aftermarket strategy comes together with the launch of its online parts purchasing platform, ExceleratorParts.com. Editor’s Note: We built an interactive journey through the Daimler Trucks North America aftermarket story. Once on the page, click on the embedded story layout to read the story.