We know it’s not easy to keep up with everything that happens in the world of trucking. So here are the biggest stories from September focused on the latest truck trends, all in one place.
5. Change management: Navistar’s Vision 2025 highlights facing challenges, embracing change and working together
To answer the big questions you have to start by looking inward—collaborating with the people you work with every day and discovering the answers together. That’s what Navistar did with its Vision 2025 experience. Editor Jason Morgan has the scoop.
4. Medium-duty trucks will see safety benefits from integrating winter tires on all axles
The winter season might be months away, but now is the time for medium-duty fleets to start thinking about their choice of tire for when the rain, sleet and snow starts to pelt the pavement.
3. Improving your communication with dealer service locations to reduce downtime
What’s wrong with your truck? How close is it to a dealership? How soon will a tech look at it? Does the dealership have the parts in stock? How long will the repair take? As a fleet manager, you’ve probably asked a service provider one, if not all, of those questions today, and the only answer more frustrating than the answer you didn’t want to hear is not hearing an answer at all.
2. Sleeper supremacy: A focus on the customer has led to more fleets spec’ing large, decked-out sleepers
Across the business world, companies are becoming more and more interested in emulating the success of Amazon. And who can blame them? Amazon is, after all, one of the biggest business success stories of the 21st century, leading to its owner becoming the richest person in the world. If that’s not a model to follow, I don’t know what is.
1. Trimble experts talk transparently about your toughest trucking questions
Fleet Equipment has gathered strategy experts from all throughout Trimble Transportation to answer your toughest questions about data, privacy, artificial intelligence and more.