Freightliner Custom Chassis Corp. announced it started full production of its propane-autogas S2G medium-duty work truck. The S2G pairs FCCC’s S2 chassis with the only factory-installed propane autogas engine and fuel system available for the medium-duty truck market.
The S2G is powered by an 8-liter V8 “big block” engine—featuring a CleanFUEL USA liquid propane system—offering up to 339 HP and 495 ft.-lb. of torque. Initial orders for the truck will focus on the propane-delivery market; FCCC has plans to expand into other applications and industries beginning in 2015.
S2G fast facts
- 8.0 LPG engine with factory-installed CleanFUEL USA liquid propane system
- 339 HP @ 4,100 RPM – peak hp at lower rpm equals better fuel economy
- 495 ft.-lb. torque @ 3,100 RPM – quicker acceleration and more power for steep hills and inclines
- 30 percent larger windshield combined with sloped hood provides improved line of sight of 8 feet compared with the competition
- GVWR of up to 33,000 lbs.
- 55-degree wheel cut for better turning radius
- Chassis comes with three-year/50,000-mile warranty with towing and roadside assistance and 24/7 Factory Direct customer support