As it enters its first full year of production, the propane-autogas S2G chassis from Freightliner Custom Chassis Corp. (FCCC) is demonstrating its capabilities for additional applications at the 2015 NTEA Work Truck Show.
FCCC debuted the S2G at the 2013 Work Truck Show with an initial focus on marketing the truck to the propane delivery segment, where it’s received strong interest and heavy initial orders. FCCC used this year’s Work Truck Show to demonstrate that propane marketers are just the beginning when it comes to potential applications for the chassis with the first-ever box-truck version of the S2G. In addition, an S2G unit outfitted with a flatbed and crane on its back was on display in the Propane Education and Research Council’s booth to further demonstrate the unit’s application versatility.
More than mere prototype, FCCC completed the sale of its first in-use box truck S2G for a specialty manufacturer in California. RH Peterson, a manufacturer of specialty fireplaces and outdoor grills based in City of Industry, CA, took delivery of the first box truck version of the S2G late in 2014, using the truck for product delivery throughout Southern California.
S2G fast facts:
- 8.0 LPG engine with factory-installed CleanFUEL USA liquid propane system;
- 339 hp @ 4,100 rpm – peak hp at lower rpm equals better fuel economy;
- 495 ft-lb torque @ 3,100 rpm – quicker acceleration and more power for hills and inclines;
- 30% larger windshield combined with sloped hood provides improved line of sight of 8 ft. compared with the competition;
- GVWR of up to 33,000 lbs – 3,000 lbs more than the competition;
- 55-degree wheel cut for better turning radius; and
- Chassis comes with 3-year/50,000-mile warranty with towing and roadside assistance and 24/7 Factory Direct customer support.
For more information, visit the FCCC website.