Medium-duty: Isuzu, Cummins partner to create a battery electric truck
Garmin International recently announced the new dēzlCamä OTR710, bringing high-definition camera technology to its 7-inch dēzl navigator. Aimed at over-the-road trucking applications, it features a 1080p dash cam with a wide 140-degree field of view that continually records the drive and automatically saves video of any incidents. Users can view and share clips of important videos from a smartphone. Each video clip is automatically stored in the secure online Vault to view and share using the dēzl app.
The built-in, high-definition camera in the dēzlCam OTR710 provides advanced driver-assisted warnings, including forward collision and lane departure cautions to help increase driver awareness and encourage safer driving.
The new dēzlCam OTR710 also offers drivers:
• Custom routing based on the size and weight of the rig;
• Road warnings for upcoming hazards, including steep grades, sharp curves and more;
• Birdseye Satellite Imagery shows high-resolution overhead views upon arrival at a destination;
• A directory of truck and trailer services for added convenience on the road;
• Display of loyalty rewards points at participating travel plazas across the U.S.;
• Built-in PrePass notifications for upcoming U.S. weigh stations and bypass decisions; and
• Integration with Garmin dēzl Headsets, an Instinct 2 – dēzl Edition smartwatch, and BC 50 wireless backup camera.