Giti Tire (USA) is introducing the Giti GDL633 FS ultra-wide base tire for the drive axle position and the GTL933 FS ultra-wide base tire for trailers in long haul applications in North America.
The GDL633 FS (pictured above left) for the drive axle is SmartWay verified and, according to the company, includes the following features:
- Special tread compound for reduced rolling resistance and lower operating cost.
- Sipe design built for even contact pressure that minimizes irregular wear.
- Rugged lug pattern design built for traction and vehicle stability.
- Seven circumferential groove design which evacuates water.
The SmartWay-verified GTL933 FS (above right) includes the following features, according to Giti:
- Designed for strong performance on the trailer axle position.
- Optimized tread design on the rib edges for minimizing irregular wear.
- Wide tread design with consistent contact patch pressure for long tread wear.
- Enhanced tread groove design for minimizing stone retention.
“These new wide base tires are great examples of the collaborative efforts by our own R&D Center in South Carolina and global network of R&D centers,” said Armand Allaire, executive vice president of commercial sales for Giti Tire (USA) Ltd. “Supplying good performing wide base tires certainly fills a need for our customers and is also a valid proof point for Giti TBR technology.”