The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. has introduced its new Armor Max Pro Grade MSD tire for construction, cement, dump and coal field trucks.
“Part of the Goodyear Total Solution for fleets, the Goodyear Armor Max Pro Grade MSD builds on the toughness of the popular Goodyear G177, while providing enhanced traction, miles to removal and retread ability,” said Evan Perrow, marketing manager for Goodyear. “This fuel-efficient tire also achieves Greenhouse Gas (GHG) compliance, enabling it to meet increasingly stringent environmental requirements.
“And it is available with Goodyear’s exclusive DuraSeal Technology, which instantly seals nail-hole punctures of up to ¼-inch in diameter in the repairable area of its tread,” Perrow added. “Goodyear DuraSeal Technology helps keeps trucks up and running and reduces expensive downtime.”
Features of the Goodyear Armor Max Pro Grade MSD, as described by the company, include:
- A premium-quality casing for enhanced retreadability;
- A rugged tread design for excellent on- and off-road traction;
- A tough tread compound to help resist chipping and chunking;
- A special mixed-service undertread compound for enhanced casing toughness;
- A cool-running base compound to help provide long tread life and lower rolling resistance.
Currently, the Goodyear Armor Max Pro Grade MSD is available in the following sizes: 11R22.5, 11R24.5 and 12R22.5, all Load Range H.