Grote has introduced a new family of LED 6”oval and 4” round Stop/Tail/Turn lamps, each equipped with an integral LED built-in back-up lamp. These new patent pending designs are built to industry standard configurations and offer OEM designers and fleet operations more advantages, says the company.
Combining S/S/T and back-up functions in these lamps allow elimination of two holes and two lamps at the rear of straight, vocational and specialized vehicles as well as eliminate the need for separate back-up lamps on HD power modules. Moreover, Grote’s two-lamps-in-one design saves time and money in installation and inventory costs and eliminates potential leaks in vehicles, improves structural integrity and corrosion resistance, and leaves more room for other lamps and controls, as well as lift gates, emergency flashers and grab rails.
- Grote designs fit existing 6” oval and 4” round grommets and flanges. In addition, the 6” oval design incorporates separate connections for each function, allowing the use of existing harness designs.
- Lamps are sealed from water and chemical ingress, severe environments, shock, and vibration.
- The 6” oval’s symmetrical design retains FMVSS 108-compliance, regardless of mounting angle.
- Thin profile design minimizes damage from external impact—fits in shallow depth pillar locations.
- Companion S/T/T lamps without back-up function are also available.
- Oval lamps will be available May, 2014. Round styles will be available Q4, 2014.