Each Meritor remanufactured product is completely remanufactured—not rebuilt—and restored to the same high quality performance standards as the originals. The multi-step Meritor remanufacturing process, described by the company, is as follows:
- Teardown. All components are completely disassembled prior to inspection.
- Remanufacturing. All parts are cleaned utilizing engineering-approved processes that ensure grease and other contaminants are free from parts in preparation for remanufacturing process.
- Inspection. Trained technicians thoroughly inspect and gauge products for excessive wear or damage utilizing documented criteria.
- Remanufacturing. All critical-wear components are replaced; only Meritor engineering-approved components are used to restore the part to OE-quality condition.
- Quality inspection and testing. Every Meritor remanufactured product is inspected prior to shipment.
- Warranty coverage. Meritor’s remanufactured products are covered by the company’s standard one-year aftermarket warranty.
Meritor also remanufactures PlatinumShield III coated brake shoes. The corrosion protectant centers on a refinement in the shoe preparation and coating process, which offers superior adhesion of the PlatinumShield III coating to the brake shoe’s metal surface, the company said. PlatinumShield III coated brake shoes are warranted for three years, 300,000 miles. The wheel-end extended warranty package offers coverage up to five years and 500,000 miles when PlatinumShield III coated shoes are purchased in combination with other wheel-end products.