International Truck announced the launch of its new Class 6 and 7 MV series of trucks. The MV series is a new update of the DuraStar series, and will occupy that same segment.
“The MV series completes our update of our entire vocational product portfolio,” said Jeff Sass, senior vice president of sales and marketing for International Trucks, noting that this update incorporates the LT, HV, HX, and RH series trucks, all of which have been introduced over the last two years.
Features highlighted by the company include the following:
- A 50 degree inside wheel cut for steering wheel;
- Custom frame piercing for the body;
- A new HVAC system;
- New cab doors with a lower bottom glass edge and removed vent window;
- A new gauge cluster with a digital driver display for monitoring of vehicle operation and other important alerts;
- A column-mounted stalk shifter
- Diamond Logic, which the company describes as an advanced electrical system that streamlines chassis and body equipment integration and allows customers to program automated tasks.
In addition, International noted that the MV series was designed for easy upfitting and, like International’s other truck models, can be managed digitally through the company’s OnCommand Connection remote diagnostics system.
The company is taking orders today and market availability is spring 2018.