J.B. Poindexter & Co (JBPCO) business units are featured several body and technology solutions will be featured at ACT Expo, booth #5489 and outside at the ride and drive area, including multiple e-TRU zero-emission refrigeration solutions.
Morgan Truck Body, a manufacturer of light- and medium-duty freight and refrigerated van and truck bodies in North America, will spotlight its proof-of-concept body, NEO, on Navistar’s International eMV Series chassis. NEO represents the next step of Morgan’s product evolution to achieve extended range, improved aerodynamics, and a lighter-weight dry-freight body, according to the company. NEO is the sequel to last year’s first-phase concept body that introduced lighter-weight materials and situational awareness elements, many of which are now available. Highlights include:
- Lightweight aluminum sub-frame, nearly 40% lighter than standard sheet and post or FRP body, increases available payload
- Improved aerodynamics and weight reduction help extend effective range
- Enhanced safety with improved visibility, pedestrian protection, and distracted driver awareness
- Powered rear overhead door with remote control and EAVX’s automated VX Control passive entry and exit
Project Polar Steed is a fully electric, zero-emission refrigerated solution on a Morgan composite refrigerated body and an EV chassis provided by Pritchard Electric. The lightweight structure with insulated foam core wall panels positions Polar Steed at the forefront of sustainable refrigeration. Composite materials and aluminum, incorporated in lieu of wood and steel, provide improved durability, longevity and corrosion resistance.
- Lighter weight than standard refrigerated bodies, which helps increase payload availability
- Front-mounted All-Electric TRU provided by Volta Air helps reduce carbon emissions and is California Air Resources Board (CARB) approved
Morgan Olson, a producer of walk-in step vans, will feature the Proxima Class 2B, a fully electric last-mile delivery vehicle. The Proxima Class 2B offers a smaller format for maneuverability and frequent stops, designed for below 10,000 lbs. GVWR. Designed with optimal aerodynamics, it delivers a 40% reduction in drag.
- Best-in-class floor height with two-step entry
- Designed for EV chassis, with improved aerodynamics and driver comfort features
- Integrated VX Control to provide vehicle automation tasks
The Reading Truck Group will showcase Project ZEVx, a concept vehicle developed with EAVX and ZEVx electrification solutions that features a Reading Truck body. The Reading Truck service body can be integrated onto all platforms including EV, repowered EVs, and internal combustion engines, providing an opportunity to incorporate new technology within aging fleets.