Jetco Delivery has installed the Lytx Driver Safety Program across its fleet, Lytx announced.
Houston-based Jetco, with more than 150 flatbed, heavy-haul, intermodal and van trucks, has seen safety results since its initial implementation of Lytx video telematics solutions in 2015, Lytx said.
Lytx’s Driver Safety Program combines video capture of risky driving behaviors with advanced analytics, based on the company’s database of over 100 billion miles of driving data and event reviews by professional analysts, Lytx says. The Lytx DriveCam Event Recorder captures an event when its sensors are triggered by an action suggesting risky behavior, including a hard acceleration or brake.
Since starting its program four years ago, Lytx says Jetco has experienced these safety improvements:
- 48% improvement in event severity
- 30% decrease in near collisions
- 51% reduction in coachable event frequency
In the past 15 months alone, Lytx says Jetco has seen positive changes in specific driving behaviors, including:
- 73% improvement in following distance
- 65% improvement in late response incidents
- 21% decrease in seatbelt violations
- 19% decrease in traffic violations