Michelin has added six new Uniroyal commercial truck tires to its U.S. market offering. According to the company, the new tire line provides an affordable offer for every tire position and application—from long-haul to regional to on-/off- road, including dry van, flat bed, construction, and pick-up and delivery vocations.
“We are pleased to bring the Uniroyal brand, which has been in the U.S. passenger and light truck market for over 120 years, to the U.S. commercial truck market,” said Donna Murphy, business segment manager for Uniroyal Commercial Truck Tires, explaining that this is the first time the Uniroyal brand has offered heavy-duty truck tires. In a conference call announcing the new tires, Murphy said the Uniroyal tires are geared toward price-conscious small fleets and owner-operators who are looking for reliability and affordability. The new tires are made with DuraShield Construction, which encompasses pyramidal steel belts, insulating belt edge strips and a heavy gauge inner liner, which the company says work together to reduce stress, promote endurance and protect the tire’s casing.
The new Uniroyal line consists of six tread designs with 28 sizes:
- Uniroyal LS24: SmartWay-verified long-haul all-position tire optimized for the steer axle;
- Uniroyal LT40: Long-haul and regional trailer tire;
- Uniroyal RS20: SmartWay-verified regional all-position tire optimized for the steer axle;
- Uniroyal RD30: Regional and long-haul drive tire;
- Uniroyal HS50: On-/off -road all-position tire optimized for the steer axle; and
- Uniroyal HD60: On-/off-road drive tire.
The new tires come with a 48-month workmanship and materials warranty, and some are also covered by a limited one-year retread warranty.
Distribution of the new tires has begun, and they will be available for purchase shortly. For more information, including sizes available, visit Uniroyal’s website.