MiX Telematics has introduced ELD-ready solutions for U.S. oil and gas companies. MiX Telematics’s fleet management platform, MiX Fleet Manager, is ELD-ready and supports the FMCSA’s current requirements for performance, design and technical specifications. It combines with the company’s recently launched MiX Journey Management, a journey risk management solution for US oil and gas companies that’s integrated with a fleet management platform.
The company highlighted the following benefits of their ELD-ready solutions:
- Compliance monitoring such as Hours of Service and IFTA State Line Crossing
- Real-time monitoring for unsafe driver behavior, including sudden acceleration, harsh braking and speeding
- Driver identification and driver scoring
- Trip and vehicle utilization reports
- Consultancy, including risk assessment and road safety strategy development
- Targeted driver training, including defensive driver training
MiX customer ROI analysis shows that oil and gas fleets can expect to save $50-100 per month, per vehicle, net (after the cost of the MiX Telematics solution), according to the company. Savings are due to factors such as fuel usage reductions, improved vehicle utilization, wage savings (less time on paperwork), crash prevention/avoidance, and reduced maintenance/repair expenses.
“MiX Telematics solutions address safety issues first and foremost, but also help ensure regulatory compliance and help fleets save money by running more efficiently,” said Skip Kinford, president and chief executive officer of MiX Telematics Americas. “Rather than just a band-aid, MiX provides a cure for fleet safety issues and inefficiencies, and helps lower overall operating costs. During these challenging economic times in our industry, where everyone is looking to reduce costs, our customers are realizing the rewards of their MiX investment every month.”