Morey, an electronics and telematics manufacturing company, launched its MC-4 and MC-4+ devices, designed to log and store diagnostic, power and locational data for single and mixed fleets. The MC-4 is designed to connect backend operations with fleet assets. Compatible with any Class 1-8 vehicles, the device allows fleet managers to better understand their vehicles and identify potential problems through the real-time data collection and analysis, such as engine state detection, idle state, location determination and more, according to Morey. The data is remotely accessed from around the globe using Bluetooth, GPS and 4G LTE technology.
Morey is also offering the MC-4+, which in addition to the features of the MC-4, contains a rechargeable backup battery and a more durable enclosure, sealed to IP69K, allowing it to log and transmit data in particularly rough conditions, the company said.
Other features highlighted by the company include:
- Inertial measurement unit collects vehicles’ angular velocity and linear acceleration data;
- Six Degrees of Freedom allows full, 360 degree device mobility;
- Engine state detection alerts data centers of any potential engine malfunctions;
- Automatic event or customizable event reporting provides consolidated data reports on specific focus areas;
- Idle state detects when the vehicle is in an idle or active state; and
- Scan tool detect monitors vehicles’ emissions, performance and other functions.
For more information, visit the Morey website.