Morgan Corp.‘s Cold Plate system can offer a “greener” alternative to traditional refrigeration units, according to the manufacturer. Morgan partnered with system manufacturer Dole Refrigeration to provide an extra layer of reliability and dependability that keeps products cold and fresh, prevents spoilage and uses minimal energy while being robust and reliable under all transport conditions, said the company.
Cold Plate is powered electrically, as compared to engine-driven refrigeration units. Benefits and advantages of Cold Plate, as reported by the company, include the following:
- Saves fuel; idling is not required during stops, system maintains proper and efficient body temperature;
- Saves product during vehicle breakdown because the system does not depend on engine up-time. Product can be recovered during longer periods of vehicle inactivity;
- Low-cost maintenance and simple operation with minimum moving parts;
- Near-constant temperatures maintained throughout normal delivery day, ensuring safe product life;
- Simple hot gas defrost operation; plug it in at night and walk away;
- Sanitary: No inaccessible parts to keep clean.