Navistar Inc. announced it will offer the Tremec 10-speed manual transmission in its International ProStar model with the company’s 13-liter engine. Tremec offers a wide range of high torque-to-weight ratios designed for weight sensitive over-the-road and city applications. The pairing will also maximize payload for applications such as bulk haul, according to Navistar.
“Tremec transmissions are not only known in the automotive industry for a wide variety of high-performance cars, but Tremec components are used in transmissions throughout the commercial transportation industry,” said Jodi Presswood, general manager, heavy-duty truck product line, Navistar. “This lightweight transmission reduces the weight of the vehicle while also providing our customers with yet another choice.”
Navistar will offer four Tremec transmission options paired with the company’s 13-liter engine, available with 370-450 HP and 1,350-1,700 lb.-ft. torque for line haul and regional haul applications in the United States and Canada.
The company also offers Tremec transmissions as an option in its ProStar with Cummins ISX15. Key features and benefits include:
- Patented Optilube system provides an internal lube pump and pressurized distribution system to ensure adequate lubrication at all times;
- Exceptionally smooth shifting;
- Driver friendly shift pattern;
- High torque-to-weight ratio;
- Wide choice of power take-off applications; and
- Deep first and reverse gears for excellent maneuverability.