For the fifth consecutive year, Arrow Truck Sales said it is launching its Back On The Road program, this year with a new presenting sponsor: Mack Trucks Inc.
According to the company, each year the Back On The Road program provides a deserving driver a truck and a job to get them back on the road – and many more prizes designed to keep them on the road. Former trucker and country music singer Aaron Tippin is once again supporting the program by serving in an active role throughout the search, and ultimately, helping select the winner.
“Truckers are some of the hardest-working people in the country and they impact literally every community in the United States,” said Steve Clough, president and CEO of Arrow Truck Sales. “We feel it’s important to keep these drivers working and we’re proud to help a deserving trucker get back on the road, making an income and fueling our economy.”
The selected trucker will receive a one-year lease on a 2008 Mack Pinnacle 70-in. High-Rise Sleeper, courtesy of Mack Trucks, a one-year work agreement with Heartland Express, and other great products and services.
Arrow is seeking nominations from truckers across the U.S. who are looking for a second chance after facing loss or unfortunate circumstances beyond their control. Nominations for truckers who have selflessly advocated for the profession and the trucking industry in general are also valid.
“As a husband and father, it’s always been important to me to provide for my family,” said David Acosta, Arrow’s 2011 Back on the Road winner. “Winning Back on the Road was not only about getting a truck and a steady income, it has allowed me to take care of my family. I hope that any hard-working driver who’s looking for a second chance considers applying this year.”
In addition to the truck and work agreement, the winner of Back On The Road will receive:
· X One XDA Energy tires – Michelin
· TriPac auxiliary power unit – Thermo King
· Monthly $500 fuel cards – Pilot Flying J Travel Centers
· Business consulting tools – ATBS
· Insurance – Owner-Operator Independent Drivers Association (OOIDA)
· A 3-year/300,000-mile warranty – National Truck Protection Inc.
· One year’s worth of filter products – Mack Genuine Parts
· Custom truck paint job – Dickinson Fleet Services
· Truck accessories and fenders – Minimizer Products
· Memory foam mattress – SleepDog Mattress
· Paint – DuPont
· Health assessment and check-ups – Rolling Strong (Bob Perry, The Trucker Trainer)
To nominate, complete a 250-word story explaining why the nominee deserves to win and submit it on www.arrowtruck.com/backontheroad. Nominations will be accepted from until Dec. 4.
The winner will be announced at the Mid-America Trucking Show (MATS) March 22-24, 2012 in Louisville, Ky.
Arrow Truck Sales