The Association for the Work Truck Industry released the 16th edition of its Truck Equipment Handbook, a comprehensive guide for commercial vehicle components and equipment. The latest version includes updates to U.S. and Canadian regulations, along with an expanded set of industry definitions.
“For more than 30 years, NTEA’s Truck Equipment Handbook has served as a valued resource for work truck industry professionals,” said Steve Spata, NTEA senior technical assistance director. “It’s an easy-to-use pocket reference guide for commercial vehicle distributors and upfitters, manufacturers, truck dealers, sales representatives and end users.”
- Fundamental concepts and selection of chassis frames, PTOs, tires and other commercial vehicle systems;
- Vehicle weight analysis methods, calculations and illustrations;
- Advanced fuels and vehicle technology descriptions;
- Reference sections on vehicle certification and Federal/Canadian Motor Vehicle Safety Standards;
- Lighting requirements and illustrations;
- Weights and measures; and
- Glossary of commercial vehicle industry terms.