OnTerra Systems, developers of RouteSavvy route optimization software, has introduced GPS tracking for small to mid-sized fleets using the driver’s mobile device (cell phones or tablets). This new GPS Fleet Tracking technology works as part of the RouteSavvy web application for displaying driver location and history.
According to the company, features of RouteSavvy GPS Fleet Tracking include:
- See the current positions of the fleet’s vehicles by tracking the position of the driver’s cell phone (For privacy, the RouteSavvy GPS Tracker feature can be turned off on weekends and after hours);
- Provide location positions for given dates back as far as a week;
- Export data into Excel for analysis or record-keeping;
- Compare a planned route with the actual route that was driven;
- Fast setup on Android & iPhones; and
- Optimized to reduce smartphone battery usage.