When spec’ing medium-duty truck bodies, it helps to know all of your options. Here is a handy guide to the latest offerings from several major truck body manufacturers.
- Hercules Manufacturing Co. offers 8- to 30-ft. dry freight bodies in aluminum and FRP designs. Options include walk ramps, lift gates, platforms, steps, insulation packages, hardwood, steel, aluminum and stainless steel floors, rear and side panel and roll-up doors. Refrigerated bodies from the company can be specified with a range of refrigeration choices, including mechanical units, straight cold plate systems, cold plate/blower systems and hybrid plate systems. A range of specialty application vehicles is also available from the company.
- Johnson Truck Bodies offers several refrigerated models including the Blizzard, the GuardianLT lightweight composite reach-in body with three, four, five or six doors on each side, the Cadet fiberglass composite, temperature-controlled 8-ft. insulated body with a rear access door, and the Alpine model for a wide range of refrigerated cargo applications.
- Kidron offers Ultra Truck Bodies for refrigerated multi-stop, multi-temp distribution operations in lengths up to 30 ft. It also offers the Hackney Classic multi-stop distribution reefer and the multi-temperature dairy products Hackney Dairy Classic refrigerated body in lengths from 16 to 24 ft. with features like steel treadplate floors and a variety of doors. Also available from the manufacturer are Glaciervan standard duty insulated bodies for Class 5, 6 and 7 chassis in lengths up to 20 ft.
- Morgan Corp. provides aluminum sheet and post, plate and fiberglass reinforced plywood (FRP) dry freight bodies, including specialized air freight designs with floor roller systems. Refrigerated offerings include aluminum, plate, FRP and cold plate models. A variety of stake/platform bodies are also available form the manufacturer. In addition, the company offers its Furniture Mover body that feature easy access to the cargo area for loading and unloading and an overcab storage compartment to maximize cargo area and provide out-of-the-way protection for fragile items. Furniture Mover vans can also be equipped with a side ramp that can be deployed between surfaces of varying heights and a slide-out platform tailgate to transport items outside of the cargo area.
- Reading Truck Body offers service bodies to keep tools, materials, parts and equipment organized for field service, installation and maintenance work, and enclosed aluminum, steel and panel bodies that provide a secure, protected work area. They also offer dump, platform, stake, landscape truck, and custom panel bodies for a variety of vocations.
- Supreme Corp. provides its dry freight Signature Van in four sidewall options that features a reinforced rear frame and a galvanneal-steel perimeter rub rail. Options include an aluminum ramp for cart loading and unloading, lift gates, a translucent roof and cargo control systems. Dry freight curtainside models are also offered by the company along with a furniture van body that features double-slotted logistic posts, varnished floors, walls and ceilings, as well as cab over attic storage space. Kold King refrigerated bodies from Supreme are available in a variety of sizes for single- mid-, deep-frozen and multi-temperature applications. The company also offers platform/stake body models.
- Wabash National is now offering refrigerated truck bodies constructed with composite panels that reduce weight and eliminate potential corrosion areas. Also available are dry freight truck bodies made with the same DuraPlate composite panels used in the company’s trailers that feature galvanized steel skins bonded to a polyethylene core. The manufacturer’s trailer components used in its truck bodies include stainless steel and galvanized rear frames, extruded aluminum headers and corners, and doors.