PeopleNet announced several enhancements to its Video Intelligence solution, a fully integrated platform that includes video and safety analytics to provide fleets with additional liability protection and prevention capabilities. The enhancements, according to the company, include:
- Side view cameras that offer better views of blind spots for drivers, a larger area of vision to capture video and more product durability due to being integrated as part of the spot mirrors.
- Enhanced reporting with the launch of Executive Summary Dashboards to provide a high-level overview of top Onboard Event Recording (OER) events as well as driver coaching trends.
- Streamlined maintenance through the DVR Health tab to give back office personnel access to the current status of DVRs. Fleets are alerted in real-time of suspected problems and receive important DVR information including vehicle number, last video sent and last time online.
- Real-time visibility with the Snapshot feature to give back office users a real-time view of a camera on a particular truck. The Snapshot feature also allows installers to test camera functionality during installation, troubleshoot equipment and ensure the camera is positioned at the correct angle.
- Expanded filtering options, including the capability to filter by terminal to view videos and identify driver trends in a particular geographical region.
- Configurable posted speed warnings to determine when drivers are exceeding the posted speed limit and allow for improved coaching.
Launched in 2016, PeopleNet Video Intelligence combines forward and side-facing cameras with PeopleNet’s OER into a single, fully-integrated system.