Rand McNally has released the new annual edition of its Motor Carriers’ Road Atlas, marking the 40th anniversary of the atlas for professional drivers.
The 2021 edition of the atlas—featuring fully updated truck-accessible roads, state trucking regulations, and fuel tax charts—is available in paperback as well as a version with laminated pages and a stay-flat spiral binding.
The new edition includes thousands of updates to the maps as well as revised regulatory and state/province information, the company says.
This year, the atlases include:
- Updated U.S. state and Canadian province maps, including the renaming of a section of Interstate 680 to Interstate 880 in western Iowa, adding Loop 202 around Phoenix, and updated interstates in Rhode Island with mileage-based exit numbers;
- Revised restricted routes, low-clearance, and weigh station locations;
- A 22-page mileage directory that includes more than 40,000 truck-route-specific, city-to-city mileages;
- An updated fuel tax chart as well as revised state and province information including weight and size limitations, registration guidelines, and phone numbers and websites for state police and operating authorities;
- Hotlines for road construction and conditions;
- Updated toll system contact information for each state; and
- An updated review of hazardous materials (Hazmat) regulations.