Rand McNally, recently announced the expansion of its Rand Platform into additional field service markets. The API-first platform, which already counts Toyota, Avis, and Aramex as customers, has several new offerings tailored for field service customers, from small to large fleets, from construction companies to oil, gas, and mining operations.
With a number of automated features that ease fleet onboarding complexities–such as automatic VIN decoding–and the platform’s drag-and-drop business rules engine, the Rand Platform offers numerous options in a no-code environment for managing vehicles, drivers, and assets.
Among the benefits that existing customers have experienced with the Rand Platform, according to the company:
- A 45% reduction in fleet maintenance and administration costs;
- An 80% drop in speeding violations among drivers, improving safety; and
- And a 99% recovery in stolen vehicle and equipment assets.
All data from the hardware is available on the Rand Platform, which is a single sign-on ecosystem, enabling customers to manage their entire fleet operation in one place.
Hardware on the Rand Platform includes:
- Vehicle Telematics: Rand McNally’s GX6 device is the company’s connected vehicle device. With multiple connectivity options, from OBDI to OBDII to J-Bus, the GX6 has up to 1GB of on-board memory. This is especially helpful for fleets operating in parts of the world where cellular connectivity may be irregular, the company noted. The device comes with both internal antenna and external antenna variants, capable of receiving signals from multiple GPS satellite networks and connecting across a large spectrum of cellular bands.
- Driver Safety: Driver and vehicle safety is enabled with Rand Video Telematics (RVT), a MV/AI dash camera with road-facing and optional cab-facing camera. The RVT, via the Rand Platform, enables the monitoring of road-facing risky driving behaviors such as tailgating, collision detection, unsafe cornering, harsh braking, and sudden speed increase. Leveraging RVT, can help improve safety while reducing insurance costs.
- High-Value Asset Tracking: The company’s TrueTrack asset trackers include a battery option, a solar-powered device, as well as a wired version for customers who require constant location tracking with alerts/pings every two minutes.
With the move into field services, Rand McNally has tailored its tiered platform subscription offerings to meet the goals of all companies, from small fleets concerned with vehicle and driver tracking to larger enterprise operations developing services and integrations using the platform’s powerful APIs.